There to Assist South African Virtual Assistants to
Be the Best they Can Be!
What is a Virtual Assistant?
A virtual assistant (typically abbreviated to VA, also called a virtual office assistant) is generally self-employed and provides professional administrative, technical, or creative (social) assistance to clients remotely from a home office.
Because virtual assistants are independent contractors rather than employees, clients are not responsible for any employee-related taxes, insurance or benefits, except in the context that those indirect expenses are included in the VA’s fees.
Clients also avoid the logistical problem of providing extra office space, equipment or supplies.
Looking for a Virtual Assistant?
Are you in need of some specialized or occasional assistance to grow your business?
Working with a virtual assistant can be the perfect solution when you need ongoing help (but don’t need a full-time employee) or when you need a specialist for an important project or two.
From general administrative support to creative and technical projects, submit your own Request for Proposal (RFP) to find the perfect match for your needs.
Our Mission is to ensure and promote quality in the virtual / remote administrative profession through:
- Developing ethical standards of practice and excellence
- Promote higher standards within the South African Virtual Assistant community
- Provide a searchable database for clients looking for a Virtual Assistant with specific skills or in specific areas in South Africa
- Act as a resource base for Virtual Assistants Members
- Encourage Virtual Assistants to share their experiences
- To assist our members to operate their Virtual Assistant practices more efficiently and profitably by providing education and benefits to promote the entrepreneurial work ethic, strengthen their wealth creating capacity, and enhance general economic development.
VAASA Code of Ethics
- All members agree to abide by our Code of Ethics as a condition of membership.
- Members shall always exercise integrity, honesty and diligence in carrying out their professional duties and responsibilities.
- Members shall safeguard the interests of their colleagues and clients, and shall not knowingly be a party to any illegal or unethical activity.
- Members shall enter into no agreement nor undertake any activity which may be in conflict or give the appearance of conflict with the legitimate interest of their client, or that would prejudice their capacity to perform their professional duties.
- Members shall protect any confidential information obtained in the performance of their duties, and shall not use such information for personal gain nor in a manner that would be detrimental to their client or any other party.
- Members shall continually ensure the currency of the knowledge, skills and technical competencies required to perform their professional activities.
- Members shall refrain from conduct or action which would detract from the reputation of the VAASA or the profession of Virtual Assistance as a whole.
- Members shall be mindful at all times of their responsibilities as professionals toward the community at large.