Outsource your Stress!
Member feature by : Anna White of Westfield Accounting CC
You want to take your business to the next level by focusing on growing the business, personnel training, developing another division, etc.
You are now asking the question – should I outsource my bookkeeping/accounting? What are the benefits? Are there any negative points to outsourcing?
Benefits of outsourcing are –
- It could be more cost-effective – the bookkeeping salary could be used in other areas of the business.
- The person employed as a bookkeeper could be utilized more effectively somewhere else in the business.
- Accounts will be up-to-date. Many small business owners focus on revenue-generating activities and neglect the bookkeeping side of the business.
- Proper structures in place could eliminate fraud and theft
Negative points are –
- some bookkeepers do not deliver.
- Charge high fees for the poor quality of workmanship.
- Are not available when you need them.
It is important to find the right bookkeeper and there is no recipe for this. One client will praise the bookkeeper and the next client will only have negative comments about the same bookkeeper.
It is important to make sure that the bookkeeper is a good fit for your business and their method of working fits in with you. Present them with problems you have had in the past, and see what solutions they offer to correct or solve these problems.
At Westfield Accounting CC, our aim is to do the best of our ability. We assist our clients with Accounting, Payroll, H.R. Solutions, and Office Administration. We also assist where they face difficulties or need support, and ensure that they are always compliant where necessary.
We can assist with once-off, short-term or long-term solutions.
Areas in which we are not able to assist, we will try to resolve by consulting with outside sources who specialise in these fields.
For more information about Anna West and how Westfield Accounting can assist your business, please do visit our members page.