The Ultimate Gift Guide…for this VA
Member feature : by Lindi of VA Connect
Yeah, it’s that time of the year again! If you’re like me, you buy your own Christmas gifts… I mean you literally buy your own gift. My husband and I never really buy gifts for each other, we rather just buy ourselves something we otherwise wouldn’t have bought.
So this means I’ve got my own wish list for Christmas and obviously its things that’ll make my life ie. my work easier. That’s why I was so excited when I saw that we’re blogging about what we want for Christmas this year!
Well let me jump right in, because yeah you know it, I’ve already got my list ready 😉
- Bluetooth headset… Yes, this is for work and personal. If you’re like me you also do a lot of online calls with clients. I never wear my full noise-cancelling headphones if we’re doing a video call – it just looks weird. So I make use of those stupid earphones you get with your phone. I’d love to just put my buds in and carry on, no strings attached. It also really helps that I can use them for park run totally wireless.
- Proper anti-virus… Yeah, I know this is sort of a necessity more than a luxury but NOD32 has been kind enough to still protect my PC even though the trial has expired. Trying to cut costs I’ve never purchased the full license… That would be nice J
- Laser printer… I currently have a good old All-in-One inkjet. It still does the job but my life would be so much easier if I could have a laser printer that spits out my stuff in 1 second rather than having to take a coffee break while my month-end statements are printing.
- New, comfy office chair. So even though I’ve had my home office for a couple of years I still reside on a dining chair and a cushion. You’d be surprised what a big difference it makes when you have a proper, comfortable office chair. One of my previous bosses gifted me one at work and I instantly felt more professional and productive. Weird thing to say about a chair but hey I’m sure I’m not the only one.
- New laptop. Last but definitely not the least. I’m working on it as we speak. With all the load shedding my poor 8-year-old Toshiba can’t keep up. So instead of buying a new battery that’ll cost me an arm and a leg in any case (and new Windows seeing as 7’s support is being discontinued) I could just as well buy a new laptop.
While you compile your list for Christmas remember the true meaning of it, celebrating time with friends and family. It’s a time of good food, good company, love and sharing. If you’re staying home like me or going away for the holidays make sure you remain humble and enjoy your time off. After this long year, we all deserve a break and some time to recharge. Make the most of it and come back with a bang!
For more about Lindi, and how VA Connect can assist your business, please do visit our members page.