Long story short
the Virtual Assistants Association of South Africa (VAASA) is a non-profit Association, founded in 2016 for the benefit of all virtual / remote administrative professionals in South Africa as well as businesses and professional people who recognise and utilise Virtual Assistants.
VCS and VA Connect recognise the necessity for a South African Association of Virtual Assistants. Somewhere South African VA’s can gather, join and gain the full benefit of ongoing advice and empowerment. A place where South Africans can meet together in the pursuit of excellence in a positive and dynamic way!
We have all the right tools, let us Help You
Our Vision is to be recognized as South Africa’s most innovative, client-centric and devoted Virtual Assistants Association, valued as an indispensable part of any business.
Our Mission is to ensure and promote quality in the virtual / remote administrative profession through:
- Developing ethical standards of practice and excellence
- Promote higher standards within the South African Virtual Assistant community
- Provide a searchable database for clients looking for a Virtual Assistant with specific skills or in specific areas in South Africa
- Act as a resource base for Virtual Assistants Members
- Encourage Virtual Assistants to share their experiences
- To assist our members to operate their Virtual Assistant practices more efficiently and profitably by providing education and benefits to promote the entrepreneurial work ethic, strengthen their wealth creating capacity, and enhance general economic development.
Our Core Values
Virtual Assistants Association of South Africa (VAASA) Core Values are:
- To respect the diversity, dignity and values of all individuals.
- To use “Integrity” in our dealings with clients, colleagues, vendors, and others.
- To work with a “collaborative” attitude and manner.
- To provide an “accountable” service that is transparent.
- To adhere to the highest “ethical standards”.
Virtual Assistants Association of South Africa (VAASA) Objectives are:
- Raising the awareness of this Association to Virtual Assistants based in South Africa and getting them to join the Association.
- Raising the awareness of Virtual Assistants to the South African business community and press.
Our Code of Ethics
Virtual Assistants Association of South Africa (VAASA) Code of Ethics
- All members agree to abide by our Code of Ethics as a condition of membership.
- Members shall always exercise integrity, honesty and diligence in carrying out their professional duties and responsibilities.
- Members shall safeguard the interests of their colleagues and clients, and shall not knowingly be a party to any illegal or unethical activity.
- Members shall enter into no agreement nor undertake any activity which may be in conflict or give the appearance of conflict with the legitimate interest of their client, or that would prejudice their capacity to perform their professional duties.
- Members shall protect any confidential information obtained in the performance of their duties, and shall not use such information for personal gain nor in a manner that would be detrimental to their client or any other party.
- Members shall continually ensure the currency of the knowledge, skills and technical competencies required to perform their professional activities.
- Members shall refrain from conduct or action which would detract from the reputation of the VAASA or the profession of Virtual Assistance as a whole.
- Members shall be mindful at all times of their responsibilities as professionals toward the community at large.